Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...god I want one of these things. Will you all stop posting pictures that make me want it more please?? lol

Got some more pics for you guys.... I couldn't resist! :D

131516604O758123370.jpg

131516529O191694498.jpg

131516561O856047559.jpg

131516590O300170694.jpg

131516631O720096583.jpg

Great shots! I really like the saluting first one!! Really captures the Big Blue Boyscout feel!

OMG JOSH, I AM COMPLETELY BLOWN AWAY. BLOWN AWAY BRO!

Those shots are amazing, absolutely amazing...

My favorite:

131516590O300170694.jpg

Love them bro, thanks... :cool:

Thanks guys!! Yeah, Pjam... I just had that thought "How cool would it be to have him flying out of the Superman II cover art?"

And I just had to do it. I started on top of my DVD player where he is displayed, but was not happy with the lighting. So I moved him to my painting table and got some natural sunlight, that really added to the pics and helped them come out looking decent.

And the saluting shot, I just had to do, as a nod to Reeve's performance. He was always doing little stuff like that, saluting and waving as he flew away. It took a lot of reposing to get a decent shot, but it was worth it! :D

Great pictures Master Les!! I finally fixed my Supes left arm. After taking advice from Josh and Gdb, I twisted it a little but it came completetly off. When I tried to screw it back in it wouldn't work. So I took the neck out, and found that the HT guys never put the screw in correctly. And I tell you what, tightening that screw was b**ch!!! It took me forever to get it in properly, but now it is finally working.

Here are some pics! Sorry, but my picture taking ability is very crappy! :rotfl

carbo-fation said:
I finally fixed my Supes left arm. After taking advice from Josh and Gdb, I twisted it a little but it came completetly off. When I tried to screw it back in it wouldn't work. So I took the neck out, and found that the HT guys never put the screw in correctly. And I tell you what, tightening that screw was b**ch!!! It took me forever to get it in properly, but now it is finally working.

WOW! I'm really glad it all worked out but that's a chilling tale. I bet there was some anxious moments there filled with much cursing! I know I would have been.

That about the arm is scary!
I was about to do all that arm around posing stuff, but I think I will leave my HT Supes alone now. Thanks.
Nice to see great shots of him though.
Scary....What if that happened to the HT Batman...with all that thick material on, you could never get into him to fix it!
Scary...

Natrix said:
Les,

Is that the new V2 Rocketeer figure in your pictures?

Nope. He's my reworked V1. I changed him out bodywise over a year ago, way before I ever knew they were gonna re-release him with the gun and all. Mine is taller and poses better and has the gun. Repainted his helmet and jetpack too.
I would like to see V2 though. To see what they've done differently.

I know, that Josh shot blew me away too and Les, my man, thanks for your pics too, I totally dig the Rocketeer, have the 2.0 on P.O. and recommend the movie to anyone who hasn't seen it, Jennifer Connelly was quite fetching in it too...

Amazing pictures guys! I really hope I can get one of these in the future.
Also, if anyone is having problems with their HT figures that they bought from Toy Square, you could contact Toy Square for a replacement. I've done it a couple of times but never tried getting a whole figure replaced. But since they have a wait list I think they're holding some back for replacements.

If the prices stay high on the HT Superman, would the Medicom one really be THAT bad? My only worry is the height. I've never owned a Medicom figure before, but I hear they are short compared to norman 1/6th scale figures. How is the height on the Medicom Batman, and when does their Supes ship? Thanks :)

Thanks for all the wonderful praise on my Supes shots! I really love the figure and he's the most fun to pose. I never run out of cool ideas to use for him! I'm just glad someone else gets a kick out of them besides me.

Sorry to hear about the arm Ashad... I can only imagine how tense I would be if that happened to me. I know with mine, I initially had issues with the head. It was a little loose when I got it, I actually had to push it on a bit before it would stay. I guess they did not affix it properly at the factory. Maybe they were in a rush to get these bad boys out!

Well at least you were able to get it on, and without ripping that non-removeable costume apart... :monkey2

Pics look great btw, glad to see that he's in working condition. And Les, awesome pics! I loved the Rocketeer. And not only for Jennifer Connelly...:naughty

DarkArtist81 said:
Thanks for all the wonderful praise on my Supes shots! I really love the figure and he's the most fun to pose. I never run out of cool ideas to use for him! I'm just glad someone else gets a kick out of them besides me.

Sorry to hear about the arm Ashad... I can only imagine how tense I would be if that happened to me. I know with mine, I initially had issues with the head. It was a little loose when I got it, I actually had to push it on a bit before it would stay. I guess they did not affix it properly at the factory. Maybe they were in a rush to get these bad boys out!

Well at least you were able to get it on, and without ripping that non-removeable costume apart... :monkey2

Pics look great btw, glad to see that he's in working condition. And Les, awesome pics! I loved the Rocketeer. And not only for Jennifer Connelly...:naughty

You deserve it Josh, great work my man!

No-one has really done a good pic of Supes in his iconic pose maybe holding up a sixth scale car or truck or whatever (obviously the larger/heavier item will be secured before subjecting Supes to this perilous endeavor)

That will be a challenging shot but rewarding one if pulled off... any takers?

Back