SDCC stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
And if you plan on going into the exhibit hall on Saturday, bring some Febreze. And bring a digital camera with a good sized memory stick.

Heh. I find wearing a necklace of these works to ward off nerd boy smells.

stink.JPG

Funny that the Hyatt can feel far away... but it can. It's so close! But your feet get so tired from standing that it gets pretty rough to walk even a few blocks. I usually make a trip at lunch time back to the hotel... drop off stuff and eat at the small little "village" behind the Hyatt. There's a good little sandwich shop back there that is moderately priced. And you can actually sit down! Hooray!

I also head over to Gaslamp at least once or twice to partake in some steak and a few beers. But man, that place is insane with people from like 7-2 a.m. Two years ago I went to a PAdres game one night. That was a blast!

swabie2424 said:
Funny that the Hyatt can feel far away... but it can. It's so close! But your feet get so tired from standing that it gets pretty rough to walk even a few blocks. I usually make a trip at lunch time back to the hotel... drop off stuff and eat at the small little "village" behind the Hyatt. There's a good little sandwich shop back there that is moderately priced. And you can actually sit down! Hooray!

I also head over to Gaslamp at least once or twice to partake in some steak and a few beers. But man, that place is insane with people from like 7-2 a.m. Two years ago I went to a PAdres game one night. That was a blast!

Shhh Don't be telling people about the sandwich shop the boardwalk back there is so calm compaired to the rest of the area. LOL

jimmyjamesf said:
Shhh Don't be telling people about the sandwich shop the boardwalk back there is so calm compaired to the rest of the area. LOL

:rotfl :rotfl I actually go back there too, nice by the beach. I also go to the gaslamp pretty much everynight to get some grub. PLUS, I do go to Ghiradelli's Ice Cream Shop (no idea how to spell it) to grab some great ice cream. Actually go there more than once.

tomandshell said:
And if you plan on going into the exhibit hall on Saturday, bring some Febreze. And bring a digital camera with a good sized memory stick.

That's no joke. I swear some people forget to take a bath on purpose. As far as the memory card for the camera is 4gb that way I don't run out of room.

jimmyjamesf said:

Been there a few times myself.

jlcmsu said:
That's no joke. I swear some people forget to take a bath on purpose. As far as the memory card for the camera is 4gb that way I don't run out of room.

...well, some of us don't have the luxury of taking more than a montly bath. But I will admit it's pretty bad. And do some people look in the mirror before they put on clothes? I think they forget to do that as well..

PLUS..we all should have some sort of Freak ID to be able to stop eachother in the crowd. Like a sticker to put on the badge or something.

Funny you guys mention the Gaslamp, assuming its the Ramada Gaslamp convention center/hotel? That's where Im staying. I wanted something close to the con but within a certain budget and that's what I found.

Memnoch21 said:
Funny you guys mention the Gaslamp, assuming its the Ramada Gaslamp convention center/hotel? That's where Im staying. I wanted something close to the con but within a certain budget and that's what I found.

Well the gaslamp is comprised of a large portion of downtown San Diego. In it are most of the restaurants and hotels. So pretty much anything in that area will have "gaslamp" in the title..

congerking said:
PLUS..we all should have some sort of Freak ID to be able to stop eachother in the crowd. Like a sticker to put on the badge or something.

I vote for an official Sideshow Freaks membership hat:

simmons-big-hat.jpg

congerking said:
...well, some of us don't have the luxury of taking more than a montly bath. But I will admit it's pretty bad. And do some people look in the mirror before they put on clothes? I think they forget to do that as well..

Sorry hopefully that didn't hit too close to home. :lol Yeah, that's another one that cracks me up. I love SDCC for all these reasons.

congerking said:

We've talked about doing this in the past.

Ha, good to know. I think I have about a 6 block walk to the convention center, and I think if the shuttle list is anything to go by from last year, there's a shuttle stop not too far from where I am staying. But i'll probably just walk it. Six years standing on a stage singing with no breaks during performances and then walking to school every day and now walking to classes... i've no problem standing in lines or walking large distances. I just have to find a bag big enough to hold all the merchandise.

Memnoch21 said:
Ha, good to know. I think I have about a 6 block walk to the convention center, and I think if the shuttle list is anything to go by from last year, there's a shuttle stop not too far from where I am staying. But i'll probably just walk it. Six years standing on a stage singing with no breaks during performances and then walking to school every day and now walking to classes... i've no problem standing in lines or walking large distances. I just have to find a bag big enough to hold all the merchandise.

The shuttles are nice but I found in the last couple of years it's actually faster to walk to the convention center, especially in the mornings right before the con opens. The traffic is a freaking mess on Thursday, Friday (and sometimes Saturday). Plus you can stop by Ralphs before the con to pick up breakfast and lunch for the day. So much cheaper and easier than leaving the con to eat at lunch time.

Memnoch21 said:

We were about 7 blocks away last year, and if this year turns out to be as hot as last, then that 6 blocks is going to seem like a very long way. I was usually drenched in perspiration by the time I got to the convention center. The shuttles can take a very long time during peak hours and days; we were lucky in that our hotel was the first stop on the way back from the convention center, so I used them a lot to come back, but going would have taken too long! There are also the little bicycle rickshaws... right Josh? :rotfl

tomandshell said:
How about a t-shirt with all the board members' names on it?

(Just kidding.)

Ya know Tom, I was just thinking about that the other day! It would be great if it could happen again, but I don't think it will... :monkey2

lcummins said:
We were about 7 blocks away last year, and if this year turns out to be as hot as last, then that 6 blocks is going to seem like a very long way. I was usually drenched in perspiration by the time I got to the convention center. The shuttles can take a very long time during peak hours and days; we were lucky in that our hotel was the first stop on the way back from the convention center, so I used them a lot to come back, but going would have taken too long! There are also the little bicycle rickshaws... right Josh? :rotfl

Watch out for the rickshaws. They get pulled over all the time by the police for various reasons. :rotfl :rotfl

lcummins said:

Yeah, the walks later in the day sucked no doubt about that but the morning wasn't too bad. I did use bus a a lot to come back later in the day as well since like Lonnie said the hotel we stayed at was the first stop so it wasn't that long of a trip.

That poor guy. He was dying by the time he got us there wasn't he? :lol I don't think he thought we'd be that hard to pull but it was uphill which didn't help him out. He earned his money that night. :rotfl :rotfl

As far as a shirt goes. Couldn't we do one just not use an image on it that would be copywrited?

Last edited:
Will there be another SS Freaks party this year? I wasn't a member yet as of last year's party (how did NO ONE ever tell me about this site until last fall?????) Anywho... love to meet some of you Freaks.

swabie2424 said:
Will there be another SS Freaks party this year? I wasn't a member yet as of last year's party (how did NO ONE ever tell me about this site until last fall?????) Anywho... love to meet some of you Freaks.

I assume there will be. They've been fun and I would assume a total success the last two years. Its one of my main reasons for going.

Back