Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as there are those of us that can socialize and function well in society sadly there are more of us that fit your characterization.
SDCC is a perfect example. I've never ever come across so many people that have never heard of water, soap, deodorant, toothbrush, or toothpaste. :thud:

A wretched hive of scum and villainy?

Collection Intervention

You know I'm a sucker for reality shows so I'm really looking forward to this new show starting Aug. 14th. It's like a cross between intervention and hoarders but focused on collectibles. It'll be interesting to see fellow collectors/hoarders and how their obsession/habit is affecting their loved ones. And what they will do to make them happy again.

Re: Collection Intervention

i didnt know you were a sucker for reality tv shows. so you were wrong.

found it on pg 3 sgt. the search feature sucks

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gvjk5eAfVyA&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Like some, I feel that this show will only bring more of a negative impact on us collectors. Especially those that already had a difficult time understanding the whole collecting community. Instead of having concerned wives/loved ones on the show who do not understand what it is to be a collector. Why not have a show that features different collectors showcasing the following as separate episode/segment ideas:
- Vintage/Rare collectors: "The Hunt"
- Themes (Star Wars, superheros, Transformers etc.): "The _____ Collector"
- Customization/Alterations: "My Way" (I understand the issue of providing the names of collectors who customize and what not, but if the pixelated Banksy for a whole movie why not a collector for a few minutes)
- Displays/Display Rooms/Man Caves: "Show The World"

Those are just a few I thought off the top of my head, I'm sure there can be a handful of ideas for a different show. Don't get me wrong I will watch this show, but I wish it portrayed us collectors differently.

Am I the only one who thinks this looks stupid and wouldn't want to go on it? And in the commercial it's so funny, how does the one guy underestimate the value of his collection by over $100,000? It just seems too staged and kinda lame.

These guys collect all cheap crap . Not high end stuff like SSC & HT

Well, I see a life-size Vader in the promo - so I don't think it's all cheap crap. And the host seems to have some serious credentials - having worked for auction houses in their pop culture division.

If I were her, I'd recommend keeping the large impressive display pieces and getting rid of the toys.

some of those "cheap" hasbro Toys i have seen in my comic shop going for the price of three msrp hot Toys.... just saying

Back