Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I see a life-size Vader in the promo - so I don't think it's all cheap crap. And the host seems to have some serious credentials - having worked for auction houses in their pop culture division.

If I were her, I'd recommend keeping the large impressive display pieces and getting rid of the toys.

She's also from the PBS show History Detectives, which is pretty good.

DVR is set. If someone asked me what my collection was worth I would be on the wrong side of the guesstimate. I just value my **** to much......

BTW, did Comic Book Men get cancelled? Or just the end of a season?

DVR is set. If someone asked me what my collection was worth I would be on the wrong side of the guesstimate. I just value my **** to much......

BTW, did Comic Book Men get cancelled? Or just the end of a season?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it got picked up for a second season.

Yep. What I thought. Show about crazy people. Non Collectors will call us weirdos, and it won't help the image. Not that we had a cool image anyway. :lol

That dude who owned the Catwoman stuff is going to be hating life. He sold his collection for all the wrong reasons. ****ing awesome of Sansweet to pick up the Rex from the 1st couple though. :D

The Catwoman dude was a interesting one.

He was just hording. Buying for the sake of it. That's not collecting. If you want something, buy it. But don't buy it because of the brand.

At the same time....I felt if he could've gotten the damn thing under control, things would've worked out for him. But he didn't.

I was hatin on his wife, but she was right.

The star wars chick was annoying as hell. Both people were weird, and odd. I know this hobby doesn't draw James Dean types....but come on. I feel it makes us look weirder then most of us are.

I don't know. Reading some of the posts here, we've got some weirdos.

I think the Catwoman man had the Hot Toys Power Loader btw.

The Catwoman dude was a interesting one.

He was just hording. Buying for the sake of it. That's not collecting. If you want something, buy it. But don't buy it because of the brand.

At the same time....I felt if he could've gotten the damn thing under control, things would've worked out for him. But he didn't.

I was hatin on his wife, but she was right.

:nono He was hiding it because his ol' lady despises it. I don't even see how she was right. If she'd supported him and given him a few detolfs or something, chances are he would've been less compulsive. Instead she wanted it all gone and seemed to want to control it. Their relationship is doomed because she can't accept him for who he is and when she's gone, he'll regret selling everything.

I thought the show was pretty good. I definitely saw myself about 10 years ago when I was buying pretty much anything with the Star Wars name on it... collectible or not. I'm glad I broke that habit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just watched the first episode.
I liked it a lot, from the promo I thought the wife was the one telling the husband to get rid of the Star Wars collection.
It was nice she had a connection with it but a lot of it was newer items.
The guy with the Catwoman collection is going to hate his wife!
She was a stone cold ****** making him get rid of it!
Yes it was in the garage and in boxes,she's lucky her house didn't look like the STAR WARS house!
I saw a lot of Sideshow items in that episode too!

^ See, I thought that. But i'm sorry, if you're just keeping them stocked away like that, you're not enjoying it.

Plus, debt.

That being said, he didn't need to sell ALL of it. That's stupid. And I agree, he'll regret it.

I want to sell a few things now. I have 2 items that could make some decent money. And that's it. Rest of my collection is for me. :lol

She gave the lil Wicket away for no cash.She was a freak and the Catwoman guys wife hated his hobby all together.He collected that
since he was a kid only was married to that ***** 2 years...guess who'd lose that toss up!!!

You guys remember they had debt issues? He wasn't paying the bills. He was buying useless crap.

If he wanted something, he would've put time into going "I want that". He just bought anything with the character. Without thinking.

And he kept them in boxes. Stored away like junk. Sorry, but that's not collecting. Had he had them all set up, boxed or not, and she did that, I wouldn't be so conflicted.

She gave the lil Wicket away for no cash.She was a freak and the Catwoman guys wife hated his hobby all together.He collected that
since he was a kid only was married to that ***** 2 years...guess who'd lose that toss up!!!

Yeah, but he didn't tell her about the collection until after they were engaged... And they were in debt and couldn't pay their mortgage. Plenty of people here sell there stuff when they need the money.

Back