Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catwoman dude was a hoarder - period. His wife was an ass, but he kept it hidden prior to her. It was like he was embarrassed of who he was.

The Star Wars lady collected for love of it. It just got way out of hand. She did her best to display it, but just had too damn much. All in all she still kept 97% off her collection.:rotfl:clap

The Catwoman guy's wife really reminds me of my soon to be ex wife. She was totally unsupportive and condescending just like the wife on the show. My ex doesn't love me for who I am and pretty much despises my hobby. Unlike that dude, I just wasn't satisfied living that way.

The Catwoman guy's wife really reminds me of my soon to be ex wife. She was totally unsupportive and condescending just like the wife on the show. My ex doesn't love me for who I am and pretty much despises my hobby. Unlike that dude, I just wasn't satisfied living that way.

What makes you think he was satisfied? I got the opposite impression. If that'd been my wife, she would've been on the first plane back to Ho Chi Minh City with divorce papers. :lol

I thought the show was pretty good. I definitely saw myself about 10 years ago when I was buying pretty much anything with the Star Wars name on it... collectible or not. I'm glad I broke that habit.

Did you forget to take your medications today?

The kid was in pain man, I felt really frustrated how those two chicks judged him and put him down the whole time, you would think he was an addict, and taunting too I couldn't take it and had to change the channel.

What makes you think he was satisfied? I got the opposite impression. If that'd been my wife, she would've been on the first plane back to Ho Chi Minh City with divorce papers. :lol

Is not even about the collection, it's about a guy can't have anything, if you got something that you enjoy and your woman is not in the center of it they need to stop it, can't have anything that she can't control, so cat woman, coins, cars, it's about her controlling it.

Watched this tonight, Are any of the people in the show members here?

It was cool seeing some common collectables people have on the show, all in all it was cool.

The Star Wars couple were nice, but they just had to much, they needed to 'slim down' the collection. I liked that Rex lifesize statue,

The Catwomen guy just needs to relax, some stuff needed to go he had to accept that, some of the stuff he didnt even know he had! And i cant believe his chick sold it to that kid for 110 bucks, is it really worth that little? it looked awesome! Id love a Pfieffer bust!

She just didnt support him but he was a little emotional him self, w.e. i hope hes in a better place.

Ill tune in again

Is not even about the collection, it's about a guy can't have anything, if you got something that you enjoy and your woman is not in the center of it they need to stop it, can't have anything that she can't control, so cat woman, coins, cars, it's about her controlling it.

I think it was more about him not paying his bills. When you're in debt for buying a bunch of useless stuff that's just sitting in boxes in the garage deteriorating and losing all of it's value, you got problems. That's not a hobby, it's hoarding and irresponsible. I can see why she was pissed. A classic example of when you stop owning your stuff, and it starts owning you.

I think it was more about him not paying his bills. When you're in debt for buying a bunch of useless stuff that's just sitting in boxes in the garage deteriorating and losing all of it's value, you got problems. That's not a hobby, it's hoarding and irresponsible. I can see why she was pissed. A classic example of when you stop owning your stuff, and it starts owning you.

Bingo. After reading the coments I was expecting that lady to be ***** from hell... then I watched it and although there were a few times here and there where she seemed a little *****y I didn't see anything wrong with her trying to get them out of debt and get his collecting under controll. And if he wanted to keep that bust so much he should have taken it off the shelf and hid it.

Just watched the show. I just want to remind you guys that all of these reality shows are scripted. This is fiction, not reality.

Also, that shop they went to, "Blast from the Past", is a few blocks from my house. That guy that owns it, Larry, is a major scalper/scammer. All the local collectors have stopped going to his shop. :lol

I thought it was a little weird that they were auctioning off stuff at Rancho Obiwan that you see on ebay all the time. And it was the big expensive stuff that I would have kept. Saw the Han Solo PF at the auction - wonder what it went for?

I wonder if the guy with the catwoman collection is strong the new HT Catwoman... Hmm.

Once I saw the star Wars lady crying about selling some of stuff and the Catwoman guy hiding his stuff, I changed the channel and watch Pawn Stars :)

Eric

The difference between him and a I is that I did somehing about the situation, not just yes dear and give up what makes me happy. I know his situation was more financial in nature, but my point is once his stuff is gone, I don't believe for one second his wife is going to less of a shrew.

Once I saw the star Wars lady crying about selling some of stuff and the Catwoman guy hiding his stuff, I changed the channel and watch Pawn Stars :)

Eric

I got to about this part as well and had to turn this off as well. If this show is just gonna be depressing I am not watching it.

Just watched the show. I just want to remind you guys that all of these reality shows are scripted. This is fiction, not reality.

Also, that shop they went to, "Blast from the Past", is a few blocks from my house. That guy that owns it, Larry, is a major scalper/scammer. All the local collectors have stopped going to his shop. :lol

Yup, I can see that. Him biting the pen was a pantomime.

The best part (and funniest to me) was when it showed the couples Star Wars wedding with the wedding party decked out in Trooper costumes and the like and my 11 year old daughter said "oh my gosh how cool, I want a Star Wars wedding". My wife was like "I think we need to change the channel now".:rotfl

thats what they tell you in the show but it looked more to me like she enjoyed it a bit too much, like she didn't want him to have anything that she didn't control, no compassion whatsoever, i dint buy the whole debt thing.

i known guys that have had this done to by their wives/girlfriends, so it hit a personal spot for me. and its not me my wife always supported my hobby and even shares it with me and get involved too.:1-1:

I won't be watching. Sounds stupid!

How bout putting some Sci-Fi shows on?

Oh yeah they change the name to Syfy :slap

Back