Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've all been members of Freaks long enough to realize that toy collectors are weirdos. :lol

:lol

However......I wish they showed normal collectors. The one's who have fun like doing it. Even a ****ing Pitu show would work. :lol

Guy's happy, doing what he loves. Why not have a show where he's searching for that one rare GI JOE and when he finds it, it's all happy, and you feel good at the end. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE HAPPY NERD SHOWS. :lol

Because people are afraid to show anything else new and exciting beyond the standard get drunk have sex and be crazy. I bet this show is gonna make the toy collectors look like weirdos.

We are weirdos...to the other 90% of the people out there lol

Sure it's nothing like the show "My Strange Addiction".
And it's no different than people who collect tons of sports memorabilia and signed jerseys in picture frames etc.

The difference is most people think sports is cool and manly and more widely accepted.

Adults collecting toys and statues of comic book characters or scantily clad girls...well, this just comes off strange, nerdy, silly, etc etc.

I collect and even recognize this.
But I've kept it to a minimum and glad that I have other interests and hobbies besides this, to balance it out.

Still, most of my family and friends don't waste their time and money on this stuff and think it's a waste of money and space and time to grow up and do other things with the money. Yup, they are partly right.

:lol

However......I wish they showed normal collectors. The one's who have fun like doing it. Even a ****ing Pitu show would work. :lol

Guy's happy, doing what he loves. Why not have a show where he's searching for that one rare GI JOE and when he finds it, it's all happy, and you feel good at the end. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE HAPPY NERD SHOWS. :lol

The Star Wars woman was happy until somebody tried to take away her Ewok.

And they also suck. **** whoever doesn't like what I like, and looks down on it.

That being said, if it IS becomeing an issue...like if I said "NO, I don't want to hang out. I want to buy moar toyssss" then please, punch me in the face.

I must be in major denial. I frequent Sideshow Freaks, have collected toys for 25 years, play video games and watch every Superhero movie on opening night. But, I never considered myself a nerd.

I think maybe others have just missed out on low stress entertainment and happiness but call us nerds/geeks... Or, Maybe I am a nerd and just don't care:yess:

^^^ Case in point. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

:lecture :lol

I think some of you are taking this show too seriously. Toy and comic book collectors are always going to be considered nerds and weirdos. Nothing is going to change that.

Imagine if they did a show on people who spent most of their time on a toy forum. :lol

Imagine if they did a show about all of the Soccer Mom's that shop at Macy's. :lol

I thought it was a little weird that they were auctioning off stuff at Rancho Obiwan that you see on ebay all the time. And it was the big expensive stuff that I would have kept. Saw the Han Solo PF at the auction - wonder what it went for?

I was gonna ask the same thing. I wonder if it even sold?

I thought it was a little weird that they were auctioning off stuff at Rancho Obiwan that you see on ebay all the time. And it was the big expensive stuff that I would have kept. Saw the Zach Braff PF at the auction - wonder what it went for?

Fixed for accuracy. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

Han_Solo-sideshow-l-premium.jpg
zach-braff-2nd-annual-entertainment-tonight-emmy-party-1AmIRO.jpg

Let me ask honestly,
Why do people feel entertained with these kind of shows? :dunno
Does it make you feel better? Pass time? Nothing better to do?
I honestly see all these "reality" and "intervention" programs as morbid and aimed towards the lowest common denominator audience...
Anyway, all this people are IMO attention seekers...
I'm out... I got nothing... :wave :lol

Listen guy

there are 2 Kinds of Reality shows, the crap, scripted brainless TV shows like Jersey Shore and Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, the Batchelor, stupid crap like that.

and there is REAL reality shows, like this one, What I mean by that is, shows like these are more real, they deal with real people and they dont have scripts or stories, these are real people going to the show,
this one might be scripted as well, but it is not brainless,

at the end of the day, everything you watch is just for passing the time, you pretty much described any tv show or movie.

Back