Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats what they tell you in the show but it looked more to me like she enjoyed it a bit too much, like she didn't want him to have anything that she didn't control, no compassion whatsoever, i dint buy the whole debt thing.

Which was wholly apparent in her attitude and remark about the shirt. She didn't want to understand her husband and didn't even care to try.

Why isn't there a show about people enjoying the hobby? It's always "At the height of the their debt!" And they're always beyond retarded.

We got shows about idiot women from Jersey, why can't we have one show about the joy, and fun of toy collecting?

Makes us look nerdy. Ever see the Pitu/Sideshow collecting commercial?
:)

I can see it happening. I feel I'm a mild and controlled collector now. It definetly makes me see how obsessed some people can be.

Makes me feel a LOT better about my collection and knowing I'm not even close to being as bad as these people. :)

The best part (and funniest to me) was when it showed the couples Star Wars wedding with the wedding party decked out in Trooper costumes and the like and my 11 year old daughter said "oh my gosh how cool, I want a Star Wars wedding". My wife was like "I think we need to change the channel now".:rotfl

LOL!

I have not seen the show yet. But I will tonight

Let me ask honestly,
Why do people feel entertained with these kind of shows? :dunno
Does it make you feel better? Pass time? Nothing better to do?
I honestly see all these "reality" and "intervention" programs as morbid and aimed towards the lowest common denominator audience...
Anyway, all this people are IMO attention seekers...
I'm out... I got nothing... :wave :lol

I think it has more to do with the fact that a lot of us here can relate to it in some way, especially if we have a significant other, and how our collecting habits do affect our personal lives. That Star Wars chic was out of control. She didn't need a Stormtrooper room alarm or life size Rex. She buys EVERYTHING and lacks a specific focus. I think a lot of serious collectors know what they want and have their limitations on what they choose to collect but she was completely out of control and needed help.

Let me ask honestly,
I honestly see all these "reality" and "intervention" programs as morbid and aimed towards the lowest common denominator audience...

I normally don't watch reality shows like this, but as a collector I have something in common with people like this and find it interesting. Sure, some of it may be scripted, but the basic collecting aspect of the show is fun to watch. I like seeing what crap other people collect, and how far they've gone. I even recognize quite a bit of it.

Good for you for being immune from watching programs targeted towards the lowest common denominator. :hi5:

Let me ask honestly,

Because we actually have cable/satellite. :wave

I normally don't watch reality shows like this, but as a collector I have something in common with people like this and find it interesting. Sure, some of it may be scripted, but the basic collecting aspect of the show is fun to watch. I like seeing what crap other people collect, and how far they've gone. I even recognize quite a bit of it.

Good for you for being immune from watching programs targeted towards the lowest common denominator. :hi5:

Fair enough. I can relate to that. But that's it.

Just watched the show. I just want to remind you guys that all of these reality shows are scripted. This is fiction, not reality.

emarae mentioned in one of his YouTube videos he was filmed for this show.

My impression was that he wasn't too thrilled with the premise of the show based on what he says and his tone.

Scripted or not this show sucks!!!!!! I wish some blonde would come into my house and bully me into selling my stuff. I have a lot of different things in my action figure collection. Not all of it would make sense to everyone why I like it but I do. And I will never give it up.My wife knows better than to even try something like this.

Why isn't there a show about people enjoying the hobby? It's always "At the height of the their debt!" And they're always beyond retarded.

We got shows about idiot women from Jersey, why can't we have one show about the joy, and fun of toy collecting?

Because people are afraid to show anything else new and exciting beyond the standard get drunk have sex and be crazy. I bet this show is gonna make the toy collectors look like weirdos.

Because people are afraid to show anything else new and exciting beyond the standard get drunk have sex and be crazy. I bet this show is gonna make the toy collectors look like weirdos.

It's clear to me that that's their intention, let's all laugh and point the finger at the geeks that collect figures, statues, comic, books, ect...

Back