Premium Format The Incredible Hulk The Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would buy the Hulk NOW if it was in danger of selling out... I wouldnt but Rhino with CBG's money... It isn't that I don't like it... I just don't need it. Whereas I am becoming more and more convinced that THIS will be my Hulk.... WWH will have to kick major *** for my mind to be changed....:lecture

OK Spidey, that does it... change your name! Your avatar is Batman, you have no interest in Rhino, hell you don't even own a Spidey statue.

I'm starting a petition now, everyone that thinks Spidey976 should change his name to Mr.Post-a-lot, add your name... :yess:

I would buy the Hulk NOW if it was in danger of selling out... I wouldnt but Rhino with CBG's money... It isn't that I don't like it... I just don't need it. Whereas I am becoming more and more convinced that THIS will be my Hulk.... WWH will have to kick major *** for my mind to be changed....:lecture

BS....one can never have enough Hulks. I currently have 31 Hulk statues/busts, lol.

Now for the good! Or should I say great!! This statue as so many have already said is amazing. The detail, the paint apps (minus the teeth :) ), the pose, the overall size and mass. All of it is amazing!!

Like all the statues I get from SS, I am always a tad dissapointed when I first open the box. It's from seeing all the photos and all the hype. I get them and it's like I am not really seeing anything new. I then start to fall in love after I have it set up in my room and start to see the art of the whole thing. I never got Hulk to my room before I fell in Love. I opened it. Set him up. Said "Yep everyone was right he looks good" Then I put the box away looked at him again and then "BAM!" He looked amazing.

Oh and I am here to say as the original OCD guy who pointed out the issues with the eyebrows, It's just like everyone has said. There is No issue with him in hand!!! It's sort of funny how much it sticks out in photos but not in person. I have no problem with the brows at all. Believe me, if there was an issue I would be going nuts right now.

What I like Most - 1. The Size and Pose. Hulk just looks so massive and Bad A$$ ! 2. His Face sculpt. I love it. All I see is a perfect realistic version of The Hulk! I don't see a Mark Ruffalo Hulk at all. I mean yes it's there but there is no reason to think this is just a movie hulk. 3. His back!! It is just an awesone sculpt. So huge!!!

What I like Least - Not counting the teeth. 1. His weight. I usually don't complain about this but some heft woould just make it feel and look (In My mind) more massive. Yeah I know. 2. His feet are not the best. The toes all blend together and look a bit to Statue like.

Anyways on with the photos.

a772adf7-9713-4441-8060-72865f4e9f1b_zps17a0b59b.jpg

Glad you like him Jaws and hope Sideshow does right by you with his teeth. What a weird defect. :lol

OK Spidey, that does it... change your name! Your avatar is Batman, you have no interest in Rhino, hell you don't even own a Spidey statue.

I'm starting a petition now, everyone that thinks Spidey976 should change his name to Mr.Post-a-lot, add your name... :yess:

Lol... I could have had an Iron Spider Reg for $275 on Momday if I wanted it, BUT I was thinking that if I am going to have a Spiderman in my collection I want it to be a classic Red and Blue or a Black Symbiote. Now I still might get the IS, I love the sculpt, but if saving up a little here and there gets me a great NEW Spiderman PF or Com OR even the original kick *** Comiquette then I will save my cash for a bit. There is a reason Skaar has fallen by the way side and the Spidey Com is in my sig. It is as JAWS brought it to my attention. I just have more of a connection to a classic Spiderman or BIB then I do ANY other rendition of the character so why not wait to get that piece that reminds me of what i fell in love with comics for in the first place, and make no mistake i will have a Spiderman; other then my family he is my earliest memory and the FIRAT character i ever drew.

As for Batman he was my FIRST PO, and the MOMMENT I have a Spidey in my collection my Avatar will change.

As for the Rhino, I have NEVER had a lot of interest in him as a Spiderman Villian. Now a GREAT New Green Goblin or DocOck statue and I am all in.

BS....one can never have enough Hulks. I currently have 31 Hulk statues/busts, lol.

I will be glad with one maybe two great ones... In the end I may get both who knows. The open nature of this AMAZING statue gives me that time to choose.

So everyone now happy with the statue but how about the price? Did everyone agree this is a $600 but not $400 statue like other 1/4? I am just wandering since I pay all other 1/4 for $400 and this cost more cause he is hulk

Thank you for the pics! I always appreciate when someone post these kind of comparison shots. They are awesome.

No problem! It was fun. Even though I had to make eight trips up and down the stairs :)

So for those who have him do u think he was worth the 650

I would always like to pay less. But if I am going to pay 650.00 then this is the statue I would spend it on.

Great pics Jaws....glad you love it !!

Thanks and I do!!!

When in doubt return it and buy it again...lol

Man, I don't want to have to go through all of that.

Well I really do think that I will be getting this... It will be awhile, but this is SO awesome ... I just see Hulk, not movie Hulk, just THE HULK!!!

:lecture

Alright, here are the running complaints so far:

1. No ES
2. Eyebrows
3. Shiny Face
4. Weight
5. Toes/Feet
6. Non-enamel teeth
7. Not getting him for 2 more months

Did I miss any?:rotfl

Hey my comment about the feet was not a complaint it was just my least fav. thing. Also I think my complaint about the non-enamel teeth is a legit one.

Jaws thanks for the comaprison shots. It looks awesome. Btw, I have all the same pieces you do. I can see we have similar tastes. Awesome shots.

You my friend have great Taste!!:hi5:

Glad you like him Jaws and hope Sideshow does right by you with his teeth. What a weird defect. :lol

Thanks Mister Ski. I hope SS makes it right also. It could be worse but for that money I think it's a pretty bad looking defect.

I think it is worth every penny.

:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Ya know the more I look at the issues with the teeth the more I think SS will have to send a replacement. I just don't see how I will be able to match those white areas to the rest of the off white enameld teeth. What does anyone here think that knows more then me.

My Hulk was missing the gloss enamel on some of the teeth on the top left (his left) side. I already contacted sideshow and asked for a small refund with direction on what to use and how to fix it with the understanding that I am no artist and would like the option for a replacement if I can't fix it.

P1180282_zpsf0e42512.jpg

P1180283_zpsbaad0c79.jpg

I hate to say anything bad about hulk but it seem they gave him cave crystal for teeth. you're right about the pricing. maybe its the flash/lightning on the closeup.

Hi everybody, i'm new collector for statue. I cant wait to get this giant to join my classic thor pf and iron man comiquette. I understand people are complaining about the eyebrow but still look ok with me. People also complaining that its open edition may cap price apreciation but do you know that po price in here already reach usd800-1000. However i dont care about price, i just buy statue that i like.

Cheers

I hate to say anything bad about hulk but it seem they gave him cave crystal for teeth. you're right about the pricing. maybe its the flash/lightning on the closeup.

Well part of is that the close up makes the teeth look bigger thus the problem looks bigger. It looks like the teeth got sprayed with whatever it they used to make them look real but something (paper??) was covering those top three teeth. I have basically studied everyones and I seem to be the only lucky guy who got it :(

Back