THING PF ARRIVING IN 5-7 DAYS for USA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paint and a thinner (thinner depends on what type of paint you're using, be it acrylic or enamel), mix the two together, and you get a wash... aka, a thinned out paint. Makes it watery, and when you drop it in those cracks, it will run through em. A couple of those washes should make this piece look better. I've done tons of washes on stuff in the past, so it's pretty easy. DA and the other guys will know exactly what to do, so it might be worth keeping.

Oh ok. I know what you mean. I just didn't know that was called a "wash"...thanks.

So....everybody is passing or canceling this piece just based on ONE person's pictures and opinion??????:confused::google
I know, it's LAME.

There is still an awesome sculpt there and I think it looks great, even if I have to do what Bagels suggested myself, I don't care. The Thing is one of my favorite Marvel characters and I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to have a statue this size of him just 'cause the paint is a little off.

As always, I'll wait 'til I get mine in hand and make the decision to keep or return. It will depend on how he looks in my display case (taking lighting into consideration) and w/the Hulk.

I am not canning my exclusive yet. I am disappointed from the one I have seen, but I want to see more pics and probably see it in person as well. Even if not fully happy I may go the repaint route.

I know, it's LAME.

There is still an awesome sculpt there and I think it looks great, even if I have to do what Bagels suggested myself, I don't care. The Thing is one of my favorite Marvel characters and I'm not gonna pass up the opportunity to have a statue this size of him just 'cause the paint is a little off.

:lol:lol:rotfl

It may be lame to you but I can see where other people are coming from. $400 on a statue you have to repaint is pretty LAME in my opinion.

It may be lame to you but I can see where other people are coming from. $400 on a statue you have to repaint is pretty LAME in my opinion.

I'll admit that it sucks to have to do repaint work, but this is a piece I REALLY want to go with Hulk. I see both sides of it, but for me it's worth it in the end to keep it and have it painted right.

I'm saying it is because everyone is canceling 'cause of ONE person's pictures. Would you stop buying guitar equipment 'cause one person's was faulty? I don't think so.

I'm saying it is because everyone is canceling 'cause of ONE person's pictures. Would you stop buying guitar equipment 'cause one person's was faulty? I don't think so.

I would personally try it before I invested in it. I think those are two very different beasts though. As far as this statue goes people have the option to wait and see more pictures. Even if they cancel now there are still at least 100 Thing exclusives left to order- the low quantity bar has even disappeared. I would proceed with caution because if you don't like this statue once you receive it and nothing is "wrong" with it, then you will have to pay for shipping back to Sideshow. Taking in to consideration the size of this thing I doubt people want to be responsible for that shipping bill.

I would proceed with caution because if you don't like this statue once you receive it and nothing is "wrong" with it, then you will have to pay for shipping back to Sideshow. Taking in to consideration the size of this thing I doubt people want to be responsible for that shipping bill.

I wonder what would happen if one argued that it didn't look like the proto if they would get shipping paid for back?

I wonder what would happen if one argued that it didn't look like the proto if they would get shipping paid for back?

Tried to do that with the alternative Buffy PF, which to this date is the only Sideshow item I have ever returned because I didn't like the final product. They just weren't having it. They said that an item's shipping could only be covered if it arrived damaged, not because it varied from the proto. I swore I would never let that happen to me again.

Tried to do that with the alternative Buffy PF, which to this date is the only Sideshow item I have ever returned because I didn't like the final product. They just weren't having it. They said that an item's shipping could only be covered if it arrived damaged, not because it varied from the proto. I swore I would never let that happen to me again.

you should have break it or scratch it.

That's ashame. I guess it would be fair if they posted final pics but sometimes they don't. Although like Ill and Kit posted it looks like an easy fix. I understand though why someone woudn't want to pay for the statue only to have to fix it.

I took El Roranous advice,since there's no danger of the EX selling out this week I'm going to wait until I see more pics before I have it shipped.Paying for shipping both ways on top of the price of the statue would blow IMO.

I think people are overreacting to one set of photos here. The same complaints were coming out after the Darkness PF was first released. Someone posted pics with a flash and the complaining and cancelling started as the statue looked flat and washed out. More pics rolled out under better lighting and the statue looked great. I hope that is the case here, I'm reserving judgment until mine arrives at my door, pics will follow shortly thereafter.

Not over-reacting, I stated that I wait to see if it's a widespread problem but as awesome as the sculpt is, I ain't shelling out $$$ to be less than 100% happy with it

I think people are overreacting to one set of photos here. The same complaints were coming out after the Darkness PF was first released. Someone posted pics with a flash and the complaining and cancelling started as the statue looked flat and washed out. More pics rolled out under better lighting and the statue looked great. I hope that is the case here, I'm reserving judgment until mine arrives at my door, pics will follow shortly thereafter.

First I would like to start off with- Sideshow please don't hate me. I am a true fan of your work and your company but I just have a big opinionated mouth. :eek:

Secondly, Darkness is a great example because like the Thing it too was or still is available after release. My whole point is why take the risk when you can wait for better pictures. The Thing PF is still available and not going anywhere for a while....I presume. Better to save the money than waste it away on double shipping a very large statue.:rip

thingsowndressing.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:lol:lol

Did anyone else here order a regular Thing? If not, we may have to wait till the exclusives start shipping to see more pics.

Back