THING PF ARRIVING IN 5-7 DAYS for USA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can paint in the creases black for sure,a little tedious but do-able but not after paying full price.I'd return it.You can always buy one off the Bay cheap later and customize then.

You can paint in the creases black for sure,a little tedious but do-able but not after paying full price.I'd return it.You can always buy one off the Bay cheap later and customize then.

Of course you could. But the point is they should be painted that way in the first place (they are on the proto and isn't that what we all ordered). We are already paying almost $400 after shipping for this piece. It should be perfect out of the box.

Of course you could. But the point is they should be painted that way in the first place (they are on the proto and isn't that what we all ordered). We are already paying almost $400 after shipping for this piece. It should be perfect out of the box.

I agree 100% Darth Loki thats why I would only do it if I saved $100 on it.Retail it no way goes back brother.

Glad I cancelled mine. Just too many other things I want, like the Red Skull PF and the 1:1 Iron Man bust.

These pictures cement my decision even more-so.

I had to do it....I cancelled my exclusive. I didn't want to put it on my CC and I needed the saved up money for something else.:monkey2 Guess that's what happens when you try to stay debt free.:monkey4:monkey1

Thats 2 in a row.Sideshow is batting a thousand with Marvel products lately.I know Joey Q. didn't give Bowen the Phase 4 contract easily this time around.Sideshow better step it up before they tick Marvel off.:cuss

I kept my Takara Batman, which is what I think you're implying. :)

He was one of the reasons why the Thing PF got the axe.

Same here. The Takara Batman is the only thing I have gotten in a long time. I was thinking about using my reward points for the Thing but I am going to hold off for now.

Canceled. It's not just the lack of paint on the creases, but the orange paint is considerably off, and worse of all, it's shiny. The matte stone texture from the prototype is completely lost here. Those paint subtleties are what sold me on the product to begin with, but well, too bad..

I have yet to see the pictures of what's wrong, blocked from my current location. But I think I understand, the black crevices inbetween the rock plates aren't painted black. I don't get what is happening lately. Does this have to do with SS moving to different factories in China? Are they making too many of these too quickly that quality is being sacrificed while costs seem to be on the rise? Is sideshow becoming too large? I don't mean to bag on them too hard, I really like their products, but it seems (IMO) that this has been happening more frequently. My SIM was all scratched. My black cat had a broken wrist. Thing may have this same apparent bad paint application. And the thing is, I don't want to return it, I want a good one to complement Hulk. But if it means a choice between having a less than perfect Thing or no Thing and the extra cash, I'll take the cash. Perfection and attention to detail is why we're loyal to Sideshow in the first place.

Thanks for pointing that out Tom :rotfl

Please keep my identity a secret:

CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

(And I hit edit instead of quote the first time, so it looks like I edited your previous post--but I didn't. I need to watch where I click.)

Truly tits. :rock

I am trying to scrape the money together to order a Mesa Half Stack. Roadster head and Rectifier cab. :drools

:rock good choice man.

i also have a marshall jcm 2000 head over in my friends basement, hooked up to a marshall cab. good stuff :rock

oh, to keep on subject, not impressed with the paint on the thing at all. kinda glad i canceled now.

I think we need at least one more set of pictures to see if this is a trend, or just some poor over-worked Chinese factory employee on a bad day.

How often does Sideshow release comparison shots of the prototype and the final release?

Please keep my identity a secret:

CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

(And I hit edit instead of quote the first time, so it looks like I edited your previous post--but I didn't. I need to watch where I click.)

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Dammit, I was drinking while I read that and now there's water all over my desk :lol

Back