Mooncats Mansion of Mystery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres a Lando Skiff Custom

Hasbro bash - new Tomy Mini Helm - had to cut the head to pieces (cant be displayed without the helmet), painted then varnished the tunic, replaced sleeves, hollowed out the armour and repainted, new armour straps, DID realistic shoes (couldnt find an accurate screen reference for those and the DID's look ok) weathered trousers a little - new belt and "flaps" cut out his staff pole (ooer missus) created a new rigid extended pole (really ooooer missus) and repainted

3593190294_53f6752902.jpg
3592384997_95e2cfdd4b.jpg

3592384005_ac734530b3_o.jpg

Last edited:
Intended to customise this Hasbro Zuckuss even before it came but was dissapointed in the head size when it did (was noticibly too big) so cut the head into sections and reduced them and then placed the parts round a ball of milliput and sculpted that also pushed the eyes out more as I felt that was more in keeping with the screen one. Then painted and weathered it - "I realise Im polishing turds, but it keeps me happy and out of trouble"

DSCF0941.jpg

DSCF0943.jpg

DSCF0931.jpg

Here it is next to a base painted 4-Lom (which Im working on currently) just wanted to show the head scale. Im afraid I didnt take any befores :(

DSCF0948.jpg

Heres what it was originally like and what I was going for :

original_.jpg

Insect_Guy.jpg

Last edited:
Under the excellent tutalege of my Customising Jedi Master heres my first attempt at lit sabres. Unlike Jedi Master Hurricane my sabres will have a mains power feed run up the shirt sleeve and not have contacts on hand and sabre Like Glenn's (Well not yet). This pic only shows the wire fed up the sleeves of 2 of the 3 garments Kits wearing and I will be painting the cable to further hide it & feeding it up the 3rd sleeve (Set kit up quickly last night after I got my power supply). Also I will be running the cable down the pant leg and out of a hole in his boot (possibly dont know if I want to drill holes in it yet)

ATM this is battery powered, but after speaking with an electrician friend of mine I intend to do all my sabre wielding figures with lit sabres on a Mains feed. So I can switch on 20 sabres on the 1 switch !

How I hide the wires around hand and body is what I need to address

This is a straight pic with just the flash on (It hasnt been altered in any way)

3593210698_76679f2de9.jpg

Last edited:
WOW!!! Mooncat your figures are outstanding!!! Some very lifelike peices in there!:D I especially love the work on the Snowtrooper, by far my favvorite Troop variant.

Cheers Mando

I like the Snowtroopers alot as well, by far the scariest looking Imp trooper IMHO

Im working on a few figures atm

A Rebel Trooper
A Rebel Endor Trooper
An Imp Scout Trooper
A Death Star Trooper

and a Blade Figure

Also in the process of converting all my SS / Hasbro Customs with Sabres into Cathode tube sabres so they all can be mains fed and switched on from 1 switch

Impressive lightsaber mooncat, when you have you jedi's all cathoded up it will look amazing.
Have you got a run down of the parts you used for the snowtrooper? Been wanting to do one myself and yours looks like a mssive improvement on the chunkie hasbro.

Thx ian as you already know my Tie and Gunner is done ala 1138

Its a new DID body and the Hasbro armour resprayed in white gloss, DiD gloved hands sprayed white matte

Used an old white tshirt of my wifes and cut it out same as the jumpsuit on the Tie pilot and used the same material for the skirt and the pouches

The chin cover was some plastic white material I bought from a local material shop (had intended to do the whole jumpsuit in it but it didnt look right)

excellent work MC , ive said it before and i will say it again........with each new piece you redo/rework shows how far your talent is coming along. you will be giving the top customizers on this board a run for their money in no time. :chew

I love the retro Hasbro reworks. They actually managed some pretty decent stuff with a lot of potential as you have clearly shown.

Did body with tomy helm, WW2 Nazi jacket dyed black, luftwaffe shirt, custom made pants, boots (cant remember were they are from tbh)

and the icing is a custom blaster from the master . . . hurricane

3592418093_587d8364ba.jpg
3592416555_31a839c00a.jpg

3592415603_5de8e6d27c_o.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic! Love the job you did on this guy... looks like your best yet!
Hurricane is indeed a master! That blaster is amazing!
Nice!

:rock

That is pretty cool. Its a shame the thread didn't take the black dye because the stitching really stands out.

Looks like i going to have to revisit my 4-LOM again, really like the rust.

Been waiting to see the rebel trooper for a while now and he is really good, nice use of parts and of course a sweet blaster. Ive dyed thing black before and had the stiching stay white, ive painted of the with some watered down black which improves the apearance but is still slighly nocticable.

But what about the other blaster?

pants, top, hoody and back pack bought from toy anxiety / SSC, custom blaster, helmet, bandolier and boots and then weathered on a DID body, personally and at the same time blowing my own trumpet :) I feel my helmets a better shape than the SSC (which imho is were those figures were let down) admitedlly the ear pieces arent as great

3593245796_40b3e9a3b7.jpg
3593246550_513cf72f22.jpg

3592437653_250d227d01_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back