Mooncats Mansion of Mystery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Between my Uni work and the new baby was able to have a go at a resin kit id bought (someone had recommended it on a thread on here) apart from the belly area which I cut away and used milliput and wires its the resin kit itself, sprayed, I also managed to get in some limited movement at the shoulders and head. Was a little dissapointed with the paint job as I left it drying for 48 hours and it still caught some finger marks when I put it together, however here he is :

3594347139_ecb21169f1.jpg

3595155930_4e317c4946_o.jpg

Last edited:
WOW mooncat, that 3p0 came out nice, who is the maker of that kit?

Great job!

Very nice man!! Are those the GG bust heads? The Smith looks exceptional, and great job on the costumes. Some of those bits are not easy to come by at all. :rock:rock:rock

Not bad Mooncat. I have to say I think you'd see some better results if you use a better acrylic for the faces.

Thats the best Riddick i ever seen, using the muscle body is awesome. Idea stolen :)
Great parts used and really nice knives.

Excellant matrix line-up, your Neo's got better scuplt and glasses than my WIP and the correct glasses for 1st films Smith are very cool and the correct desert eagle, i thought they were impossible to get? Can you do a pic of all 2 of these cool figs.

Perfect c-3po, is that from the kit you cn get from Tailand, ive been wondering about that and the R2.

Tbh I think the sculpt lets riddick down, if you were gonna go for your own Riddick Id consider using a Saving Private Ryan sculpt Ive seen, well consider it anyway

Chan ada's probably done one but Ive yet to see a sculpt of hers thats totally nailed it, its a H2creative from Lonnie that I used for the Riddick and the glasses are part of the sculpt.

Time over Id probably sand them out of the sculpt (possibly try and cut them out) and try and use the bits in a set I could create and then I could remove them or at least pose them over his eyes, dont feel they look that right stuck on his forehead, but these are changes to do for another time now that its finished, it will probably stay that way for a while :)

Ill keep my eyes peeled for a better Vin Diesel sculpt and have ago at making glasses for him, let me know if you find one too :)

Hey Mooncat, I like your flesh tone on Riddick. How did you achieve it?

Mixed quite a bit of "Tanned Flesh" from citadel color with yellow ochre and titanium white

Was basically trying to get a base colour the same as the Hot Toys body as I didnt want to paint that as its rubber and the paint might not take

Then took a bit of the colour to another palette and added some black to darken it for stubble chin and head then lightened it for highlights and added some "fleshwash" for the lips etc

_ Btw on the PM - nope havent done any casting flexible or otherwise - the Neo and Trinity casts were bought over the bay

Last edited:
Hasblo makeovers

3595288437_34d16efa35_o.jpg

With the rest of the Gang - (Bossk is gonna be a future project) Dont think the Hasblo Greedo is do-able as a decent upgrade (well not without too much effort) so waiting for Sideshow to presentay vou that one

3596096854_5bc978ce18_o.jpg

Last edited:
Finshed my Doctor Octopus custom this evening,

Here he is be gentle :) and excuse the dodgy camera work

I put a switch into his coat on the bottom right handside of the first pic, and after some advice from hurricane was able to put the batteries into his jacket.

I tried looking for images online of the original base figure (headsculpt and mechanical arms) but cant find it, if anyone knows what it is can they post as id like to get a before shot thx

3596106396_299acb0a99.jpg
3596107212_a20333cbf2.jpg

3596105140_7c395efb3b.jpg
3595298223_af7611f827.jpg

Last edited:
Back